Thursday, August 16, 2012

More of Angilee's Rockport, ME

DAY 3 // As I wandered down to the  pier in the evening, I found myself in a little gallery that was just closing its doors for the day. I became immediately enthralled  with a collection of works by artist Cig Harvey.  Her photographs have a painterly quality reminiscent of the rich hues of a vivid morning dream, and like a dream, her images resonate as a fading imprint might, magically animated in a moment less real than imagined. It's as if the stillness in each image magnifies the potential of the moment she constructs. These works feel feminine and are layered in metaphor. I found it easy to lose myself in them, or perhaps to be more exact, find myself in them... 
 



2 comments:

  1. The beautiful photos above are by artist Cig Harvey, an alumnus of the Maine Media Workshops. See above for my comments and musings about her show currently up in Rockport Maine and the Maine Media gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete