Saturday, August 18, 2012

Using the camera's timer - an afternoon in Monhegan Maine

This afternoon i had a bit of free time after my FCPX workshop so i took a ferry out to Monhegan Island. It was gorgeous! I will be uploading photos from the excursion in the next few days, but first i would like to share a collection of images i took with my Nikon's automatic timer. I hiked out to a lovely spot with rocky cliffs and boulders and spent the afternoon there watching sea birds, listening to the ocean and making photographs. Being alone, i decided to set the Nikon's timer and do a few self studies. I timed the shutter to release in increments of ten seconds, then 20 and lastly one minute. I then moved freely not ever knowing exactly when the shutter would release (especially since i couldn't hear it over the crash of the waves). Let's not forget what a handy tool this is, certainly a wonderful way to document your experiences and consider self though the lens, but the best part, a patient subject always at your disposal...  









No comments:

Post a Comment